Centuriata Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Centuriata - A Raiding guild on the Tanaris Server

HomeHome   Centuriata Main Centuriata Main  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Zalmin's Spec

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zalmin

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2006-08-20

Zalmin's Spec Empty
PostSubject: Zalmin's Spec   Zalmin's Spec EmptyThu Oct 05, 2006 9:21 am

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=dVg0sm0oZfLxcc0Vx

This is what I chose. But any improvement suggestions are always welcome.

Other priests?
Back to top Go down
Bass

Bass

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-10-02

Zalmin's Spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zalmin's Spec   Zalmin's Spec EmptyThu Oct 05, 2006 2:18 pm

Have a 60 priest - Only changes I would make are diverting a few points in holy to get Holy Nova (it owns in any AE situation, pvp and pve, not to mention Vael) and Spirit of Redemption (2 free heals for party members when you die [happens a lot] > 2% extra on heals.. to me anyway, haven't used it much in a raid environment so maybe not).

And in discipline, it's been my experience that Unbreakable Will >>>>>>>> Wand Spec.

revised spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bxg0sm0oZfhtcc0qL
Back to top Go down
Zalmin

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2006-08-20

Zalmin's Spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zalmin's Spec   Zalmin's Spec EmptySat Oct 07, 2006 1:00 am

I haven't found much use for holy nova, although i haven't been to vael yet. If/when we get there i could respec if needed. My complaint is that it doesn't kill anything, it just drains all my mana, while dropping whatever I'm fighting to about half life. WTB +healing AND holy dmg gear...

As far as wand spec-v-unbreakable will, it's partly a selfish choice based upon grinding/farming needs. But also, unbreakable will would be more appealing to me if the mechanics were clearer. A 15% increase in your chance to resist silence, etc. doesn't mean to much if you're going from a 1% chance to resist to a 1.15% chance to resist. Someone (I believe it was Sneaker) said they noticed no difference between having this talent and not having it.

As for Spirit of Redemption, a.k.a. Improved Death, if anyone should have this talent, it would be me, since I die a lot. But I just don't see 3 gheals / 6 flash heals as being the difference between wiping and not wiping very often.

Of course, talent build debates can go on forever if we let them. I appreciate your feedback. Ramirez tried to convince me to go for power infusion, but I'm staying with what I've got for now... I think he just wants to pad his lead on the damage meters Razz

Zalmin
Back to top Go down
Ramirez

Zalmin's Spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zalmin's Spec   Zalmin's Spec EmptySat Oct 07, 2006 4:01 am

Zalmin wrote:
I think he just wants to pad his lead on the damage meters
I like to sparkle! Sad
Back to top Go down
Mosaic

Mosaic

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Zalmin's Spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zalmin's Spec   Zalmin's Spec EmptySat Oct 07, 2006 9:47 am

This looks good Zal.

21/30 seems to be the best overall healing build. My build was pretty close to yours and went something like this.

I had alot of +spirit mixed in with my stats so the added bonus from the 5 points in Guidance gave me over +125 healing bonus in raids on top of any +healing on my gear which is nice.

Its also great to have that +damage bonus added for grinding too.

cheers <---- thats a thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Bass

Bass

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-10-02

Zalmin's Spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zalmin's Spec   Zalmin's Spec EmptySat Oct 07, 2006 1:12 pm

Quote :
I haven't found much use for holy nova, although i haven't been to vael yet. If/when we get there i could respec if needed. My complaint is that it doesn't kill anything, it just drains all my mana, while dropping whatever I'm fighting to about half life. WTB +healing AND holy dmg gear...
Well, imo it is too useful an ability to take an extra 1% holy crit over it. Priests in my old guild used it to heal and damage during core hound packs, goblins in lab packs, etc. Not to mention it owns in pvp, if you ever plan to do that sort of thing... reveals rogues, heals party members, damages opponents, instant cast. It is there, you might as well grab it if you're going up there.

Quote :
As far as wand spec-v-unbreakable will, it's partly a selfish choice based upon grinding/farming needs. But also, unbreakable will would be more appealing to me if the mechanics were clearer. A 15% increase in your chance to resist silence, etc. doesn't mean to much if you're going from a 1% chance to resist to a 1.15% chance to resist. Someone (I believe it was Sneaker) said they noticed no difference between having this talent and not having it.
I'm not sure how much I ever used my wand as a caster, even as a priest. I suppose if you used it in grinding it makes some kind of sense. However, I would still find unbreakable will preferable. As far as I know it's a +15% flat chance to resist those effects. You might not notice it because in situations where it helps, things are going down pretty fast and your attention might be elsewhere: i.e. healing that warrior by the mill and a warlock behind you casts fear, it gets resisted... but you probably wouldn't notice unless you looked at the combat log.
Then again, you could be completely right about the 1%-->1.15% thing, I haven't done a whole lot of study. If it does works like that, I would very much like to slap a Blizzard executive.

As far as spirit of redemption, this is where any raiding priest would have more knowhow than me. There seems to be better talents to take up there anyhoo.
Back to top Go down
Ramirez

Zalmin's Spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zalmin's Spec   Zalmin's Spec EmptySat Oct 07, 2006 3:34 pm

Just something to note about Unbreakable Will.. resisting fear isn't always a good thing. There are several fights where fear is essential for everyone to get in order to keep the NPC attacking a single target. Onyxia and Nefarian come into mind.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2006-08-15

Zalmin's Spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zalmin's Spec   Zalmin's Spec EmptySat Oct 07, 2006 6:29 pm

Fear has never been essential for everyone to get during Onyxia or Nefarian
Back to top Go down
http://centuriata.freehostia.com
Zorphion

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2006-09-06

Zalmin's Spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zalmin's Spec   Zalmin's Spec EmptySat Oct 07, 2006 8:16 pm

alliance has fear ward, resisting fear meens absoluting nothing here Smile
Back to top Go down
Ramirez

Zalmin's Spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zalmin's Spec   Zalmin's Spec EmptySat Oct 07, 2006 9:47 pm

Zorphion wrote:
alliance has fear ward
Yeah, I guess I forgot that the tank is practically guaranteed to never get feared himself as Alliance.
Back to top Go down
Zorphion

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2006-09-06

Zalmin's Spec Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zalmin's Spec   Zalmin's Spec EmptySat Oct 07, 2006 10:26 pm

honestly i would go with

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=dxghsVVoofxucc

love the mana pool and effeciency.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zalmin's Spec Empty