Centuriata Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Centuriata - A Raiding guild on the Tanaris Server

HomeHome   Centuriata Main Centuriata Main  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Out

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mooker

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-09-15

Out Empty
PostSubject: Out   Out EmptyTue Oct 10, 2006 9:21 am

Well to make this short and sweet, I was informed last night that my account was being used by multiple people in violation of the EULA and that do to actions taking by a character on my account, that my account was being banned.
My daughter uses my account during the day while I am at work.
I have not yet received the official notification so not sure of much beyond what the GM told me last night.
Back to top Go down
Sneaker

Sneaker

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out   Out EmptyTue Oct 10, 2006 11:00 am

I suggest you refer Blizzard to their own Terms of Use:

Quote :
You may not share your Account or password with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one (1) minor child to use the Account instead of you (in which case you may not use that Account at the same time). (Section 1A of the ToU)

Clearly, your daughter using your account is within acceptable policy.

On the other hand, if she was botting, hacking, griefing, or doing something else that violated the ToU, that's another story.
Back to top Go down
amorune

amorune

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-09-25

Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out   Out EmptyThu Oct 12, 2006 5:27 am

mooker i went thru the same thing i suggest making a complaint with the BBB. because then they will have to investigate it and more then likely give your account back like they did mine. if they try to claim multi ip address as the reason respond to it as such " you use wifi and play at a coffe shop or your local library, they can not ban for this reason.
Back to top Go down
Mooker

Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out   Out EmptyFri Oct 13, 2006 10:15 am

Well when I got the letter it was not exactly what my daughter told me.
The reason my account was banned was because she went out and bought gold. The seller was banned and my account was banned.
She had purchased gold on my account on another realm 3 times according to her.
Back to top Go down
Sneaker

Sneaker

Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out   Out EmptyFri Oct 13, 2006 12:14 pm

Mooker wrote:
Well when I got the letter it was not exactly what my daughter told me.
The reason my account was banned was because she went out and bought gold. The seller was banned and my account was banned.
She had purchased gold on my account on another realm 3 times according to her.
You can argue that as well - "I didn't buy gold, some stranger just sent me some gold in the mail."

If they banned everyone who ever received gold from a known farmer, then that puts a huge amount of power within the farmer's hand.

Imagine a farmer who decides to singlehandedly take down an entire guild by sending each member 50G!
Back to top Go down
Mooker

Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out   Out EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 10:16 am

I guess it is an ethics thing. While I would indeed argue and fight if I was in the right, in this case I was not. I allowed my daughter to use my account and she indeed did do this. Mind you she is an adult and I trusted her. I did not ever imagine this happening. In her defense she is most apologetic and did not realize it was wrong. I am not going to lie to them about it, that is just not the way I was raised I am afraid.
I will serve my 30 days and then see where the guild is and how far I am behind.

On a side note, I am not seeing any thing about any MC runs recently, and the last note I saw shows us at Garr? What is up with that?
Back to top Go down
Sneaker

Sneaker

Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out   Out EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 10:36 am

Well, since she *is* an adult, sharing the account with her is, in fact, a bannable offense. The gold buying is moot in this case.

At least it's just a 30 day suspension - it would be quite painful to lose all of your characters tied to the account due to someone else's actions.

As for MC - we made an attempt on Sulfuron last night. Unfortunately, we spent a lot of time clearing trash to get to him, made a few attempts, then wiped and had to run back, only to see the trash mobs respawned. At that point it was decided to call it.
Back to top Go down
amorune

amorune

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-09-25

Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out   Out EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 3:56 pm

the thing is like sneaker said "claiming you didnt buy the gold" well thats kinda hard since blizz can track all the mail sent in game. But that shouldn't be a bann able offense more like an suspension. id keep trying mook you never know.
Back to top Go down
Sneaker

Sneaker

Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out   Out EmptyMon Oct 16, 2006 5:12 pm

amorune wrote:
the thing is like sneaker said "claiming you didnt buy the gold" well thats kinda hard since blizz can track all the mail sent in game. But that shouldn't be a bann able offense more like an suspension. id keep trying mook you never know.

Am, Blizz can track all the mail sent in game, but buying gold is done outside of the game, so there is never really anything within Blizzard's system that says "So and so bought gold on ebay".

My point was that if Blizzard starts banning people just because they received gold from known farmer/gold sellers, then we would end up in a situation where a huge amount of power is placed on these farmer/gold sellers. If you harass a farmer/gold seller for camping your favorite grind spot, they could easily send you some gold in-mail and now you're gonna get flagged as a gold buyer.

It's a flawed system of accountability, if that's really what Blizzard is doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out   Out Empty

Back to top Go down

Out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Centuriata Guild Forum-
Jump to: