Centuriata Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Centuriata - A Raiding guild on the Tanaris Server

HomeHome   Centuriata Main Centuriata Main  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Account hacked.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashera

Ashera

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2006-09-13

Account hacked. Empty
PostSubject: Account hacked.   Account hacked. EmptyWed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 am

I wont be around for a while, until I can figure out how to get this solved. Good luck in MC and etc. until I can get back.
Back to top Go down
Sneaker

Sneaker

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Account hacked. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Account hacked.   Account hacked. EmptyWed Oct 11, 2006 6:55 am

Ashera wrote:
I wont be around for a while, until I can figure out how to get this solved. Good luck in MC and etc. until I can get back.

Ash - Blizzard will just ask for some notarized documentation to be faxed over to em to prove that you are the rightful account owner.

Shouldn't be too painful.

See you soon!
Back to top Go down
Mosaic

Mosaic

Number of posts : 20

Account hacked. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Account hacked.   Account hacked. EmptyWed Oct 11, 2006 9:09 am

I'm in the game now and Ashera is asking me for 500G. It might be a good idea for Grum to /Gkick hiim as he has officers control of the guild atm. He hasn't sold all Ash's Beaststalker and other good gear though, Interesting isn't it O.o

EDIT to Update: I invited him to a group with me and Centauras. He accepted and continued to run around Darnassus, kept asking for money. finally logged out before I got a response from a GM...
Back to top Go down
Sneaker

Sneaker

Number of posts : 31

Account hacked. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Account hacked.   Account hacked. EmptyWed Oct 11, 2006 9:39 am

Mosaic wrote:
I'm in the game now and Ashera is asking me for 500G. It might be a good idea for Grum to /Gkick hiim as he has officers control of the guild atm. He hasn't sold all Ash's Beaststalker and other good gear though, Interesting isn't it O.o

EDIT to Update: I invited him to a group with me and Centauras. He accepted and continued to run around Darnassus, kept asking for money. finally logged out before I got a response from a GM...
The hacker might try to farm stuff with Ash's character for as long as he can. Its a good thing Ashera is poor, I'm sure the gold would have been already liquidated to other accounts if he had any!

Agreed on getting Ash removed until he gets control of his account back. Any time an account is compromised, it's a good idea to let the guild know so that they can be temporarily removed, as any actions performed by the hacker will reflect upon the guild itself.
Back to top Go down
Mosaic

Mosaic

Number of posts : 20

Account hacked. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Account hacked.   Account hacked. EmptyWed Oct 11, 2006 10:00 am

I just talked at length with a GM. He informed me that Ash can correct the situation almost instantaneously by logging onto the Website and changing his account info there as its virtually impossible for a hacker to know the answer to the secret question. But first he needs to run a keylogger locating program and get rid of anything suspicious he finds.

You should also email them with any items you are missing and/or contact them in game when you get back in, Ash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Account hacked. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Account hacked.   Account hacked. Empty

Back to top Go down

Account hacked.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Centuriata Guild Forum-
Jump to: