Centuriata Guild Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Centuriata - A Raiding guild on the Tanaris Server

HomeHome   Centuriata Main Centuriata Main  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trying to Understand DKP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kotton

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2006-08-21

Trying to Understand DKP Empty
PostSubject: Trying to Understand DKP   Trying to Understand DKP EmptyTue Oct 17, 2006 12:43 pm

I'm having trouble figuring out DKP so I'm asking for help. I thought the trick was that when something drops and someone "buys" that with their DKP, those points are divided up amongst the other raid attendees. But when I was out the 8th and 9th, it looks like there were 3 attempts. One on Ony, one on Azzy and one on Garr without any success (and if there was, this is just an example anyway). I know I wasn't there and, hell, I'm not ony keyed yet anyway, so don't take this as a complaint. I'm just trying to figure how if there was no loot, how were there 60+ points awarded. That's almost 2 epics worth of DKP that I wasn't awarded when nothing was killed. Once again, I'm trying to figure the system out, because since I wasn't there anyway, I have no standing to complain. Doesn't this lead to point inflation or some such thing. I guess that's the main question. How can we get the same points for showing up to onyxia on time (20 points) and not killing her than taking down and looting 2 MC bosses (20 points) as we run 5 or 6 in a row? Or I could just be thinking of different types of systems. I'm just bored and work and confused about this, so any help explaining this would help me waste another hour of my day.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2006-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Understand DKP   Trying to Understand DKP EmptyTue Oct 17, 2006 2:46 pm

World Dragon points differ from Raid instance points

you get more instance points for going to the instance

for showing up on time you get 5 points
for Ony you get 15 points
for Azzy you get 15 points
for being in MC from beginning to end you get 15
for each boss taken down you get 10 points

as we progress the value of these instances will go down DKP wise
MC could go for 10 points and each boss 5 eventually, this will happen when we down a BWL boss or 3.

For each attempt we do you get the full points for it because at present we do alot of attempts. So for the time spent you get full points.

you dont just get DKP for downing / looting the boss you get it for the attempt too.
Back to top Go down
http://centuriata.freehostia.com
Mercanzil

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Understand DKP   Trying to Understand DKP EmptyTue Oct 17, 2006 3:39 pm

Well great, now I'm a bit lost. So I was at the last MC run on time, which gives me 20 DK points.. Does this mean on the next MC run, I will have whatever points I earn there PLUS my 20 from earlier to go towards an item? It was my original understanding that DK reset on every raid and no points carried over?
Back to top Go down
Bass

Bass

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Understand DKP   Trying to Understand DKP EmptyTue Oct 17, 2006 4:06 pm

If DKP reset every raid then we might as well be randoming for items Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2006-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Understand DKP   Trying to Understand DKP EmptyWed Oct 18, 2006 2:18 am

lol yes DKP is like earning Gold, as you fight you get so much "money" that money can in turn be spent to purchase an item, obviously you'd have a problem that every time you logged out you'd have to reearn all your gold back.
Back to top Go down
http://centuriata.freehostia.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to Understand DKP   Trying to Understand DKP Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying to Understand DKP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Centuriata Guild Forum-
Jump to: